Validation Controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by David, Jul 28, 2004.

  1. David

    David Guest

    Hi

    I have a server control which generates a set of HTML input objects
    depending on a config passed to the component. I am writing out the HTML in
    the Render event - I am not using composite controls.

    I need to add some client and server validation and was hoping to use some
    of the validation controls or a custom validation control. Is there a way to
    hook a validation control in to my control? If I try to add a validation
    control in programmatically to the controls collection then I get a RTE
    because the control it is meant to be validating does not exist in the
    controls collection - which is fair enough because I am writing it out
    manually.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    David Billingham