validation of an xml file against a dtd or schema needed?

Michael TEpperis

hi,

I want to check if some rules match an xml file (a complete validation
is not needed). I need to know if the values of a special attribute
match a list. if not, I don't want to run the xslt.

the xml files does not refer to an dtd.

any recommodations?

tia
michael