    I've been getting the above error periodically when I've left my computer
    for 30+ minutes and return and navigate to another page on the same site.
    AS.NET VB.NET code.

    I am using shared hosting at www.serverintellect.com

    What's the best solution to remedy this?

    Mark B, Jul 21, 2009

  2. See if this helps:

    http://www.sosuke.com/index.php/2009/05/12/validation-of-viewstate-mac-failed/

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4263 (20090721) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jul 21, 2009

  3. Re: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hostedby a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifiesthe same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be usedin a cluster.

    On Jul 21, 12:04 pm, "Mark B" <> wrote:
    > "Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web
    > Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same
    > validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a
    > cluster. "
    >
    > I've been getting the above error periodically when I've left my computer
    > for 30+ minutes and return and navigate to another page on the same site.
    > AS.NET VB.NET code.
    >
    > I am using shared hosting atwww.serverintellect.com
    >
    > What's the best solution to remedy this?

    used in web.comfig file
    <System.web>
    <pages enableViewStateMac="false">
    then it's work fine