    I am new to this group,I want to know that how can we add and use DTD
    support in Expat XML Parser.

    priyanshu

    PJ, Sep 20, 2005

  2. PJ wrote:

    > I am new to this group,I want to know that how can we add and use DTD
    > support in Expat XML Parser.

    As far as I know Expat is not a validating parser, for instance Mozilla
    and Opera use Expat as the XML parser and don't do any validation
    therefore on XML.
    If you want validation you might better look at other parsers, libxml
    can do that: <http://www.xmlsoft.org/xmldtd.html>

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Sep 20, 2005

  3. PJ

    PJ Guest

    Hi, Martin

    Thanks for the prompt reply,
    I know that Expat XML Parser is not a validating Parser. Actually we
    want to use Expat XML parser for Namespace and DTD processing support,
    there are some APIs given for DTD also, but I couldn't make it out how
    to process external DTD in Expat.

    How can I add external DTD into the XML parser.

    priyanshu

    PJ, Sep 20, 2005