    How can i do that in xalan? Any suggestions please..

    Thanks and Regards,
    Pathik
    Pathik, Apr 3, 2007

  2. Pathik wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > currently I am developing one tool, in which i am converting input xml
    > file to output xml file using
    > xslt and xalan.
    >
    > When output xml file is generated i have to validate it against its
    > dtd document.
    >
    > How can i do that in xalan? Any suggestions please..
    >
    > Thanks and Regards,
    > Pathik

    hi,

    xalan won't validate your output ; you have to specify in xslt the
    doctype on the output and pipe it to a validating parser
    <xsl:eek:utput
    method="xml|html|text|name"
    version="string"
    encoding="string"
    omit-xml-declaration="yes|no"
    standalone="yes|no"
    *doctype-public="string"*
    *doctype-system="string"*
    cdata-section-elements="namelist"
    indent="yes|no"
    media-type="string"/>

    xslt2 has features about validating the result output, but it works on
    W3C xml schemas

    --
    Cordialement,

    ///