Validation Problems when running application on web host.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Mike, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I have all of my validation controls running wonderfully when I debug
    locally on my machine. The validators fire on the client without a round
    trip to the server. (No server event code fires..) When I copy the
    application to my web host and run it from there, the validators only fire
    after the server side code runs. (Server side events fire...) This defeats
    the purpose of the validation. If I click a submit button, the event for
    the button fires even with validation errors. Interestingly, the errors are
    displayed correctly on the page.

    Two questions:
    A) Could this be due to potentially having different security settings
    for the Internet vs Intranet zones? (I have my internet zone security set
    to the default and all other scripting appears to work fine.)
    B) How can I fix this? Is there something I can do on the server side
    code to check the validators to see if the form had errors before doing some
    action? (I don't see a property on the validators that help.)

    Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike, Oct 26, 2004

  2. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I figured this out...You need to copy the scripts in the asp_net folder to
    the server. My bad...:)

    Mike, Oct 26, 2004