Validation Summary controlling the order of messages

Chris Rumsey via .NET 247

I want to be able to control the order error messages appear in the validation summary. They always seem to appear in reverse order ie not in the same order that the validation controls appear on the page.

Peter Blum

The ValidationSummary follows the order of items in Page_Validators array on
the client-side and Page.Validators collection on the server side.
In both cases, these are in the order the validators were created. That
really is the order they fall in the control tree.

My guess is that you are using absolute positioning ("grid layout" in
VS.NET). It may give a visual positioning of controls that is not in the
same order as they fall in the tree.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
Email: (e-mail address removed)