    --
    Thank-you,
    Barbara Alderton

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFyYmFyYSBBbGRlcnRvbg==?=, Jan 31, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QmFyYmFyYSBBbGRlcnRvbg==?=

    bpd Guest

    You most likely have "Active Scripting" disabled under your Internet
    Options.

    bpd, Jan 31, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QmFyYmFyYSBBbGRlcnRvbg==?=

    bpd Guest

    You most likely have "Active Scripting" disabled under Internet
    Options/Security.

    bpd, Jan 31, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QmFyYmFyYSBBbGRlcnRvbg==?=

    bpd Guest

    bpd, Jan 31, 2007
  5. Hi Barbara,

    For your problem web page, if the validation summary's display issue
    occured at client-side validating stage, it is likely something incorrect
    with the client-side validation script. As Bryan has suggested, you can
    check the script setting in client-side webbrowser. Also, ASP.NET 2.0 use
    webresource.axd to dynamically emit those built-in client-side scripts
    instead of put static script directory under IIS site root. You can open
    the html source of the problem page in client-side browser and check the
    <script> tag to see whether the one for the client-side validation has been
    correctly embeded. e.g.

    ==================
    <script src="/New
    Folder/WebResource.axd?d=kI8nlFdzQLIqX3DXiYP4Ng2&amp;t=633049180470124829"
    type="text/javascript"></script>

    <script src="/New
    Folder/WebResource.axd?d=yCyLry01KHgLMt8DVoYS-oZD9fqiRxqJb8dTIG6RueU1&amp;t=
    633049180470124829" type="text/javascript"></script>
    ==================

    Also, you can directly paste the link in webbrowser and check whether the
    script content can be correctly displayed. If the script can not be
    correctly displayed or download, seems there are something incorrectly with
    the server-side IIS server's configuration.

    Please feel free to post here if you have any other finding or question on
    this.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    ications.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Feb 1, 2007
  6. First of all, "Active Scripting" was and is enabled under Internet
    Options/Security.

    Second, I found the following when looking at the html source of the problem
    page:
    <script
    src="/EFileWebApplication/WebResource.axd?d=So-UjLwjE7Z4kAK1NGKWNw2&t=632993639229875740" type="text/javascript"></script>

    <script
    src="/EFileWebApplication/WebResource.axd?d=UV4paiYYY-jwjXuko52t1RZ0U12-1-Y9SnenBVjK0ok1&t=632993639229875740" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script
    src="/EFileWebApplication/WebResource.axd?d=BYcKGYXElYRGBPTdN3TR4w2&t=632993639229875740" type="text/javascript"></script>

    Is this correct?

    If so, what did you mean by the test; 'directly past the link in webbrowser
    and check the script content' to check if the IIS server configuration is
    incorrect?
    --
    Thank-you,
    Barbara Alderton

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFyYmFyYSBBbGRlcnRvbg==?=, Feb 1, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?QmFyYmFyYSBBbGRlcnRvbg==?=

    bpd Guest

    On Feb 1, 12:46 pm, Barbara Alderton <>
    wrote:
> [...]

    > > Note: The MSDN Managed Newsgroup support offering is for non-urgent issues
    > > where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support
    > > Engineer within 1 business day is acceptable. Please note that each follow
    > > up response may take approximately 2 business days as the support
    > > professional working with you may need further investigation to reach the
    > > most efficient resolution. The offering is not appropriate for situations
    > > that require urgent, real-time or phone-based interactions or complex
    > > project analysis and dump analysis issues. Issues of this nature are best
    > > handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer by contacting
    > > Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at
    > >http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/support/default.aspx.

    > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.- Hide quoted text -

    Sorry about the previous multiple posts...

    Does it work in other browsers? Do you have any special pop-up
    preventer software installed?

    bpd, Feb 1, 2007
  8. Thanks for your reply Barbara,

    The "directly paste the link in webbrowser and check" I mentioned means you
    can use the webbrowser to directly request the script resource through the
    url embeded in the <script> tag. For example, for your scenario, you get
    the following tags in the page's client html source.

    =========================
    <script
    src="/EFileWebApplication/WebResource.axd?d=So-UjLwjE7Z4kAK1NGKWNw2&t=632993
    639229875740" type="text/javascript"></script>

    <script
    src="/EFileWebApplication/WebResource.axd?d=UV4paiYYY-jwjXuko52t1RZ0U12-1-Y9
    SnenBVjK0ok1&t=632993639229875740" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script
    src="/EFileWebApplication/WebResource.axd?d=BYcKGYXElYRGBPTdN3TR4w2&t=632993
    639229875740" type="text/javascript"></script>
    =======================

    You can paste the url(from the "src" attribute) into the browser(with the
    correct server name ahead such as http://servername/). Just like:

    http://localhost/EFileWebApplication/WebResource.axd?d=So-UjLwjE7Z4kAK1NGKWN
    w2&t=632993639229875740

    then, if the url is valid, you should be able to download the stream and
    save it as a "js" file. Open it through notepad or any other text editor to
    see wehther it contains the validation script functions.

    If you still have anything unclear, please feel free to post here.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Feb 2, 2007
  9. I tried what you suggested and it cannot display the page.

    I have been doing some playing around and I have found the following. If I
    create the VS 2005 Web Application project(not Web Site project) and leave
    the default Web properties to use Visual Studio Development Server to run the
    app, the pop-up validation summary control works fine, but if I switch to
    using the IIS Web server, the control does not work when trying to use the
    pop-up message box.

    In your previous post, you mentioned there may be something wrong with the
    IIS server configuration, which seems to be the case since it doesn't work
    when using IIS. Any suggestions if I want to run it using IIS? Since I'm
    new to VS 2005 and ASP 2.0, how do you setup up the web site for production
    use, without IIS? Can you use the Development Server for deployment?

    --
    Thank-you,
    Barbara Alderton

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFyYmFyYSBBbGRlcnRvbg==?=, Feb 6, 2007
  10. I finally got it to work. I had to add .axd mapping to my website
    configuration and most importantly, make sure 'Verify that file exists' is
    UNchecked.

    Posts that I found, seemed to assume that the mapping was already there but
    needed to uncheck the box. Do you know why this mapping is not there by
    default?

    example post:
    http://forums.asp.net/thread/1399591.aspx

    --
    Thank-you,
    Barbara Alderton

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFyYmFyYSBBbGRlcnRvbg==?=, Feb 7, 2007
  11. Steven Cheng do you have any added information on this?
    --
    Thank-you,
    Barbara Alderton

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFyYmFyYSBBbGRlcnRvbg==?=, Feb 9, 2007
  12. Hello Barbara,

    Thanks for your followup. I saw that you've found out the cause of this
    issue which is caused by the axd handler's configuration in IIS and
    ASP.NET. I think this is a reasonable cause since the axd handler's
    configuration is important for any dynamic script/or other resource's be
    correctly downloaded to client.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Feb 11, 2007
  13. Do you have any further informaiton on why the axd mapping in IIS is not
    there by
    default? Have you seen this before?

    --
    Thank-you,
    Barbara Alderton

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFyYmFyYSBBbGRlcnRvbg==?=, Feb 12, 2007
  14. I've ever seen the issue that "'Verify that file exists'" is checked which
    also cause axd handler unable to work(caused by some other custom
    configuration utility that change this). However, for axd hhandler's
    aspnet_isapi.dll extension mapping, I seldom see such error because this
    should be autotmatically registered at .net framework's installation time.

    Have you(or any other members who ever deployed asp.net application on the
    server) encountered such problem before or has anyone ever changed IIS's
    metabase setting? Most likely that the IIS metabase setting (metabase.xml)
    has ever been changed if the framework installatino used to be correct.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Feb 12, 2007