Validation when multiple buttons

dw

Hello. I have a page with two text fields, and a button for each. Each text
field needs to be validated when its button is clicked. I don't want the
second text field validated when the first button is clicked, and vice
versa. Is this possible? Thanks :)

dw

Thanks, Greg. Is there a free version of something similar to this, b/c this
one is at least $50. Thank you.

Greg Burns

Not that I know of.

I think I've read that ASP.NET 2.0 has this built in. Maybe download the
free beta and use it?

Greg

Konrad Rotuski

you can always use classic ASP validation, which is .. add onclick event
handlers to each button with different validation functions

HTH

dw

Thanks, Konrad.

Konrad Rotuski said:
you can always use classic ASP validation, which is .. add onclick event
handlers to each button with different validation functions

HTH

Joe Gass

Hi DW
I've developed a set of validator controls that allow you to group them into
logical forms.

e.g.
<extendedvalidators:RequiredFieldValidator id="RequiredFieldValidator2"
runat="server" ErrorMessage="type something" ControlToValidate="TextBox1"
group="1"></extendedvalidators:RequiredFieldValidator>

In the future I'd like to sell them (after a bit more testing)...
If you like to try them mail me at (e-mail address removed) and I'll send
you the dll, let me know if you are using visual studio version 2002 or 2003
CheersJoe GassMCSD.net