    Attribute 'height' is not a valid attribute of element 'table'
    I don't know why?/
    thanks in advance
    perspolis, Jan 23, 2007

  2. perspolis

    Mark Rae Guest

    "perspolis" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Hi all
    > I created a Web Project but it dosen't support some properties of HTML
    > tags and it gives me following error:
    > Attribute 'height' is not a valid attribute of element 'table'
    > I don't know why?/

    By default (I think) VS.NET 2005 is set to XHTML Transitional mode for
    validation, and what it is telling you is absolutely correct: in XHTML, the

    You have two choices:

    1) Re-write your markup to XHTML standards so that all modern browsers can
    display it more or less correctly: http://validator.w3.org

    2) Set your validation back to HTML4.01 and revert to the old cross-browser
    incompatibility problems (not recommended)...
    Mark Rae, Jan 23, 2007