Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional) - Attribute..... is not a valid attribute of.....

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Radu, Jan 3, 2007.

  1. Radu

    Radu Guest

    Hi. I have been working at home on a web project (VSNET 2005 SP1). Now
    I have brought the project at work, and I suddenly have plenty of
    warnings like:

    Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional) - Attribute..... is not a valid
    attribute of.....
    Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional) - Attribute..... is considered
    outdated. A newer construct is recommended.
    Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional) - Attribute values must be enclosed
    in quotation marks.

    I have VSNet2005 SP1 both at work and at home. Also, I have the same
    line in both projects:

    Where do these warnings come from ? How could I get rid ot them (any
    option to set ?)

    Thanks a lot. Alex.

    Radu, Jan 3, 2007

  2. Try changing settings in Tools-Options-Text Editor-Html-Validation.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jan 3, 2007

  3. Radu

    Radu Guest

    Thank you !

    I also found this site:
    http://hsivonen.iki.fi/doctype/

    so I have changed in my pages the line
    to the line
    and my warning disappeared. Still, I don't know how to explain this,
    since both the original project, done at home, and the one loaded at
    work, contain the same line,

    Anyway, my warnings have disappeared now. Thank you again !
    Alex.

    Radu, Jan 3, 2007