ValidationSummary Control

Guest

Dear All,

I am using ValidationSummary,RequiredField Validator and Regular
Expression Validator in my ASP.net form. I want to display error
messages only in the ValidationSummary Control. But when I run
the form the messages are displayed ValidationSummary,RequiredField
Validator and Regular Expression Validator together . Is it possible that
the message is displayed only in ValidationSummary control and not in
RequiredFieldValidator and Regular Expression .

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,
Sunil Sabir

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

With Validation controls, you have the option of turning off the client side
message (on by default) when you set the control up (you can also do it
programatically, if you need to control it this way). If you supress the
messages, the Framework allows for printing all messages from the validation
summary control.

Realize that you are forcing a trip to the server when you go for summary,
as the control is not set up to automagically collect data on client side.
This is not a major issue, but something you should be aware of. I use
server side regardless of whether or not I am validating on client side.

The fact presented above is why turning off the client side validation on
the controls sets up all of the messages in the summary, which is built on
the server side.

I hope my rambling makes sense.

From the help file:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...con/html/vborivalidationwebservercontrols.asp

Others
http://www.csharpfriends.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/webvalidation.aspx
http://authors.aspalliance.com/kenc/faq6.aspx

http://www.peterblum.com/vam/ValMain.aspx?ReturnUrl=Home.aspx - third party
tool for validation groups

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Guest

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried to make the EnableClientScript property
of RequiredField Validator to False. But its still not working.Can you give me
more details if possible. Or am I doing the right thing.

Any help much appreciated.