    Any help much appreciated.

    Cheers,
    Sunil Sabir
    =?Utf-8?B?U3VuaWwgU2FiaXI=?=, Jun 16, 2004

  2. With Validation controls, you have the option of turning off the client side
    message (on by default) when you set the control up (you can also do it
    programatically, if you need to control it this way). If you supress the
    messages, the Framework allows for printing all messages from the validation
    summary control.

    Realize that you are forcing a trip to the server when you go for summary,
    as the control is not set up to automagically collect data on client side.
    This is not a major issue, but something you should be aware of. I use
    server side regardless of whether or not I am validating on client side.

    The fact presented above is why turning off the client side validation on
    the controls sets up all of the messages in the summary, which is built on
    the server side.

    I hope my rambling makes sense.

    From the help file:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...con/html/vborivalidationwebservercontrols.asp

    Others
    http://www.csharpfriends.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/webvalidation.aspx
    http://authors.aspalliance.com/kenc/faq6.aspx

    http://www.peterblum.com/vam/ValMain.aspx?ReturnUrl=Home.aspx - third party
    tool for validation groups

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!
    "Sunil Sabir" <Sunil > wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I am using ValidationSummary,RequiredField Validator and Regular
    > Expression Validator in my ASP.net form. I want to display error
    > messages only in the ValidationSummary Control. But when I run
    > the form the messages are displayed

    ValidationSummary,RequiredField
    > Validator and Regular Expression Validator together . Is it

    possible that
    > the message is displayed only in ValidationSummary control and

    not in

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP], Jun 16, 2004

  3. Dear Sir,

    Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried to make the EnableClientScript property
    of RequiredField Validator to False. But its still not working.Can you give me
    more details if possible. Or am I doing the right thing.

    Any help much appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3VuaWwgU2FiaXI=?=, Jun 16, 2004