ValidationSummary Disappearing Act!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by John Mabbott, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. John Mabbott

    John Mabbott Guest

    Hello all,

    We're getting some weird behavior with the ValidationSummary control.
    If I submit a page that fires some validators, the ValidationSummary
    displays them correctly. However, if I subsequently submit the page,
    the ValidationSummary control briefly disappears before re-appearing
    again! So, to recap:

    1. I load one of my pages
    2. I don't fill any of the input boxes and submit the page, causing
    validators to fire
    3. I get the validation summary
    4. I submit the page again
    5. The "loading" progress bar on the status bar gets to halfway
    6. I see my page, sans validation summary
    7. The "loading" progress bar reaches the end
    8. The page is displayed again normally (with the validation summary).

    Is there any way I can stop this happening? Here's some sample code
    from my pages:

    <ValidationSummary id="vs_ValidationSummary" runat="server"
    HeaderText="" CssClass="errorblock" ForeColor="" ShowSummary="true"
    ShowMessageBox="false"></ValidationSummary>

    <RequiredFieldValidator id="rv_Postcode" runat="server"
    ErrorMessage="" ControlToValidate="in_Postcode" Display="None"
    EnableClientScript="False"></RequiredFieldValidator>

    <CustomValidator id="cv_CardNumber1" runat="server" ErrorMessage=""
    ControlToValidate="in_CardNumber1" Display="None"></CustomValidator>

    Any help appreciated,

    John Mabbott
    John Mabbott, Jun 27, 2003