ValidationSummary NOT ok in Win XP ?

mg

Running the following code (style properties removed for
clarity) in VS .NET 2003 on Windows 2000 results in the
Validation Summary appearing in both a pop-up dialog box
and on the screen.

<asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>

<asp:RequiredFieldValidator id="RequiredFieldValidator1"
runat="server" ErrorMessage="Please!"
ControlToValidate="TextBox1"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

<asp:ValidationSummary id="ValidationSummary1"
runat="server"
ShowMessageBox="True"></asp:ValidationSummary>

Whereas, when I run the same WebForm on Windows XP, the
Validation Summary appears on the screen, but NOT in a pop-
up dialog box.

I'd like to see the pop-up dialog in Windows XP as well.

? ? ?

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

are you sure there isn't JavaScripts disabled on the XP client? Check that
does the source HTML (that results from running the page) contains proper js
references for ASP.NET Validation.