ValidationSummary NOT ok in Win XP ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by mg, Oct 25, 2003.

  1. mg

    mg Guest

    Running the following code (style properties removed for
    clarity) in VS .NET 2003 on Windows 2000 results in the
    Validation Summary appearing in both a pop-up dialog box
    and on the screen.

    <asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>

    <asp:RequiredFieldValidator id="RequiredFieldValidator1"
    runat="server" ErrorMessage="Please!"
    ControlToValidate="TextBox1"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

    <asp:ValidationSummary id="ValidationSummary1"
    runat="server"
    ShowMessageBox="True"></asp:ValidationSummary>

    Whereas, when I run the same WebForm on Windows XP, the
    Validation Summary appears on the screen, but NOT in a pop-
    up dialog box.

    I'd like to see the pop-up dialog in Windows XP as well.

    ? ? ?

    mg, Oct 25, 2003

  2. mg

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    are you sure there isn't JavaScripts disabled on the XP client? Check that
    does the source HTML (that results from running the page) contains proper js
    references for ASP.NET Validation.

    --
    Teemu Keiski

    Teemu Keiski, Oct 26, 2003

  3. mg

    mg Guest

    The problem of the missing pop-up dialog box was solved by
    adding a Button to the page.

    mg, Oct 26, 2003