ValidationSummary not showing error messages

Guest

Hi

Is it possible to get the ValidationSummary control to display its errors on
the client side i.e. before a submit of the form has happened?

My problem is that my ValidationSummary displays the expected errors only if
I submit my form to the web server. And, because I am using * to mark invalid
fields, users sometime don't know what the problem with their entry is (i.e.
the description of the error) until they submit their form.

I would like to be able to display * next to invalid fields, and at the SAME
TIME display a helpful message in the ValidationSummary area.

Thanks!