ValidationSummary will not display dynamic validators.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Steve Nobody, Feb 19, 2010.

  1. Steve Nobody

    Steve Nobody Guest

    I am creating a dynamic form with dynamic regular expression
    validators...

    RegularExpressionValidator oRV = new RegularExpressionValidator();

    oRV.ID = "RV_" + oTB.ID;
    oRV.ControlToValidate = oTB.ID;
    oRV.ValidationExpression = "^\\d+$";
    oRV.Display = ValidatorDisplay.Dynamic;
    oRV.ErrorMessage = "Must be numeric.";
    oRV.Text = "*";
    oRV.ValidationGroup = "AnnualForm";
    oRV.ForeColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red;
    oRV.EnableClientScript = true;
    oRV.EnableViewState = true;

    oCell.Controls.Add(oRV);

    and trying to use the following ValidationSummary....

    <asp:ValidationSummary ID="ValSummary1" runat="server"
    EnableClientScript="true" Enabled="true" ShowMessageBox="true"
    ShowSummary="true" ValidationGroup="AnnualForm"
    DisplayMode="BulletList" />

    The "*" display by each textbox they are grouped with, but the
    validationsummary does nothing. I have tried various display modes and
    still no change. I am using .net 2.0. Any suggestions?

    Steve
    Steve Nobody, Feb 19, 2010