ValidatonSummary control not working on an autopostback textbox

Neo

I put a textbox on the page.The textbox only accepts integer value. I also
added a comparevalidator control to check the data entered in that textbox
and a validationsummary control on the page. The comparevalidator worked
find and showed the error message.But page still postback to server.So it
seemed that validationsummary control didn't work.

are there any points to resolve this problem?

Thanks

avnrao

its true that autopostback on doesnt stop.
add this code in code behind for the textbox that has autopostback.

TextBox1.Attributes.Add("onchange","Page_ClientValidate();if(Page_BlockSubmit)
return false;");
Av.