Validator client scripts don't run on web host.

David Hirschfeld

Using VB.NET 2003, I have developed a website with
extensive use of various validator server controls.
Pages on which validator controls are used, a summary
validator control is also used. I have enabled client
script along with IE dialog box display for the
validation error messages. This all works great on my
development system, which is IIS 5, .NET 1.1. When I
install these same pages on my web host (a third party
hosting company who also uses IIS 5 and .NET 1.1) the
client side scripts don't run. I have backup server
validation logic to defend against this problem, but I
would like to avoid the round trip when a client script
should be able to notify a user of a data input error.
Anybody have an idea why this might be happening?

Matt

I'm having the same problem with C#. It works great in development
with IIS 5 and .NET 1.1, but none of the validation works on the web
server with Windows 2003, IIS 6 and .NET 1.1. When the button is
clicked on the server it just acts like there isn't any validation
there at all. I've been searching for an answer for a couple of days
and have seen many similar posts, but no solutions.