Validator for server control inside user control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by superman, Sep 5, 2006.

  1. superman

    superman Guest

    Hello,

    I am facing a strange situation and have already spent a lot of time on
    this. I have a user control 'U' that consists of a server/composite control
    'C'. C consists of a textbox 'T' and a datepicker 'D' and implements
    INamingContainer. The user-selected date from D appears in T. The
    validationproperty of C is set to the 'Text' property of T. 'U' also consists
    of a RequiredFieldValidator 'R' that validates C (i.e. The text property of
    T).

    When I use 'U' in an .aspx page, the id of the rendered textbox becomes U:C.
    However, the validator R's ControlToValidate property is set to U_C. Thus,
    the validation never fires since it is referencing to UniqueID instead of the
    ClientID of C.

    What am I missing? Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    superman

    superman, Sep 5, 2006