    another. The scenario is a Master / Content where there is a Sign-in button
    at the top of every page, and a submit button on a Join page.

    PS: If you dont actually have the answer, PLEASE do not post a reply

    Just Me, May 7, 2007

  2. for .NET 2.0 button has a ValidationGroup property

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, May 7, 2007

  3. Just Me

    Just Me Guest

    OK, I see the property but how to I bind it to a button

    Just Me, May 7, 2007
  4. Just Me

    Just Me Guest

    Cool, actually I just needed to set the Causes Validation to false for that
    button, but this feature is way cool.

    Thanks

    Just Me, May 7, 2007
  5. In ASP.NET 2.0 you simply set the ValidationGroup property to enable certain
    buttons to execute certain validators.
    You can also use the CausesValidation property to cause some buttons to not
    cause any validation at all.

    Here's more info:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/Validation.aspx
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/valgroups.asp

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], May 8, 2007