Validators Applying RELAX NG and Schematron?

Torsten Munkelt

Hi,

I want to validate an XML document applying a
combination of RELAX NG and Schematron. I have
not found an appropriate validator. Would you
please send me links to such validators. I would
like to easily access it from within Java and
from console. Thank you very much for your answers
in advance.

Best regards - Torsten

George Bina

Hi Torsen,

Look into NVDL. This allows for instance to direct a document to both a
relax NG schema and to a Schematron schema. There are a couple of
implementations, in Java there is oNVDL[1] and JNVDL. oNVDL is based on
Jing. Both are open source.

oXygen XML editor [2] provides support for editing and validating
against NVDL. It also support validation against Relax NG, Schematron
and even against Relax NG containing Schematron embedded rules.

[1] http://www.oxygenxml.com/onvdl.html
[2] http://www.oxygenxml.com

Best Regards,
George