validators subset

news.microsoft.com

Hi,

When I click a button that has CauseValidation = true, is there a way to use
only a subset of the validators in the page? The reason for this is that I
have a webform in which there is an editable datagrid. When I edit a row in
the datagrid, the edittemplatecolumn has validators in it that validate the
fields in the edit line of the datagrid and when I click the update button
to update the row, I would like only the validators from the datagrid to be
checked.

Thank you,

Alexandre Soares

Peter Blum

Hi Alexandre,

You need the concept called "Validation Groups" which is coming in ASP.NET
2.0 (although I don't know how well it will handle this case because
DataGrids are pretty specialized.)

My product, "Professional Validation And More"
(http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx) is a replacement to Microsoft's
validators that includes Validation Groups. Last week, I worked with another
customer on this specific problem. I found that I needed to make a slight
enhancement and introduce supporting documentation. So email me at
(e-mail address removed) and I'll be happy to provide you with the update and
docs so you can explore the issue. The docs tell you how to do this
step-by-step.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
Email: (e-mail address removed)