Validting using SAX

soni

I am trying to Validate a XML file against a XSD file. I am having
errors with the Schema and language Properties

import java.io.*;

import org.xml.sax.*;
import org.xml.sax.helpers.DefaultHandler;

import javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory;
import javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException;
import javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser;

public class TestClass extends DefaultHandler
{

/* static final String JAXP_SCHEMA_LANGUAGE =
"http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaLanguage";

static final String W3C_XML_SCHEMA =
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
static final String JAXP_SCHEMA_SOURCE =
"http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaSource";
*/

public static void main(String argv[])
{
try {
// Use an instance of ourselves as the SAX event handler
DefaultHandler handler = new TestClass();
// Use the validating parser
SAXParserFactory factory = SAXParserFactory.newInstance();
factory.setValidating(true);
factory.setNamespaceAware(true);
SAXParser saxParser = factory.newSAXParser();
saxParser.setProperty

("http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaLanguage",
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema");
saxParser.setProperty
"http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaSource",
"file://C:/Program Files/Eclipse/iEngine2.1.xsd");
}catch (SAXParseException spe) {
// Error generated by the parser
System.out.println("\n** Parsing error"
+ ", line " + spe.getLineNumber()
+ ", uri " + spe.getSystemId());
System.out.println(" " + spe.getMessage() );

// Use the contained exception, if any
Exception x = spe;
if (spe.getException() != null)
x = spe.getException();
x.printStackTrace();

} catch (SAXException sxe) {
// Error generated by this application
// (or a parser-initialization error)
Exception x = sxe;
if (sxe.getException() != null)
x = sxe.getException();
x.printStackTrace();

} catch (ParserConfigurationException pce) {
// Parser with specified options can't be built
pce.printStackTrace();

} //catch (IOException ioe) {
// I/O error
//ioe.printStackTrace();
//}

System.exit(0);

This code is giving me the following errors

org.xml.sax.SAXNotRecognizedException: Property:
http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaLanguage
at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.setProperty(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.setProperty(Unknown Source)
at testPack.TestClass.main(TestClass.java:54)

I have checked the Sun's website for explanation but nothing helps.
Anyone can figure out what the error is? Does my classpath have to be
set to something specific, or are there any external libraries to be
included?

Ray Tayek

soni said:
I am trying to Validate a XML file against a XSD file....

org.xml.sax.SAXNotRecognizedException: Property:

i suspect you may have an old or non validating parser. try xalan or a
newer whatever you have. this helped me get further.

hth