Validting using SAX

Discussion in 'XML' started by soni, Dec 1, 2003.

  1. soni

    soni Guest

    I am trying to Validate a XML file against a XSD file. I am having
    errors with the Schema and language Properties

    import java.io.*;

    import org.xml.sax.*;
    import org.xml.sax.helpers.DefaultHandler;

    import javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory;
    import javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException;
    import javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser;

    public class TestClass extends DefaultHandler
    {

    /* static final String JAXP_SCHEMA_LANGUAGE =
    "http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaLanguage";

    static final String W3C_XML_SCHEMA =
    "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
    static final String JAXP_SCHEMA_SOURCE =
    "http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaSource";
    */

    public static void main(String argv[])
    {
    try {
    // Use an instance of ourselves as the SAX event handler
    DefaultHandler handler = new TestClass();
    // Use the validating parser
    SAXParserFactory factory = SAXParserFactory.newInstance();
    factory.setValidating(true);
    factory.setNamespaceAware(true);
    SAXParser saxParser = factory.newSAXParser();
    saxParser.setProperty

    ("http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaLanguage",
    "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema");
    saxParser.setProperty
    "http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaSource",
    "file://C:/Program Files/Eclipse/iEngine2.1.xsd");
    }catch (SAXParseException spe) {
    // Error generated by the parser
    System.out.println("\n** Parsing error"
    + ", line " + spe.getLineNumber()
    + ", uri " + spe.getSystemId());
    System.out.println(" " + spe.getMessage() );

    // Use the contained exception, if any
    Exception x = spe;
    if (spe.getException() != null)
    x = spe.getException();
    x.printStackTrace();

    } catch (SAXException sxe) {
    // Error generated by this application
    // (or a parser-initialization error)
    Exception x = sxe;
    if (sxe.getException() != null)
    x = sxe.getException();
    x.printStackTrace();

    } catch (ParserConfigurationException pce) {
    // Parser with specified options can't be built
    pce.printStackTrace();

    } //catch (IOException ioe) {
    // I/O error
    //ioe.printStackTrace();
    //}

    System.exit(0);

    This code is giving me the following errors

    org.xml.sax.SAXNotRecognizedException: Property:
    http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaLanguage
    at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.setProperty(Unknown
    Source)
    at org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.setProperty(Unknown Source)
    at testPack.TestClass.main(TestClass.java:54)

    I have checked the Sun's website for explanation but nothing helps.
    Anyone can figure out what the error is? Does my classpath have to be
    set to something specific, or are there any external libraries to be
    included?

    soni, Dec 1, 2003

  2. soni

    Ray Tayek Guest

    soni wrote:
    > I am trying to Validate a XML file against a XSD file....
    >
    > org.xml.sax.SAXNotRecognizedException: Property:

    i suspect you may have an old or non validating parser. try xalan or a
    newer whatever you have. this helped me get further.

    hth
    ---
    ray tayek http://tayek.com/ actively seeking mentoring or telecommuting work
    vice chair orange county java users group http://www.ocjug.org/