valign doesn't work

Reiner Wagner

Hello,

the following html doesn't work:

<H1>Test</H1>

The text "Test" doesn't appear in the middle of the cell.
If I don't use the tag H1 it works.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance,

Reiner

Bergamot

Reiner said:
<H1>Test</H1>

The text "Test" doesn't appear in the middle of the cell.
If I don't use the tag H1 it works.

What can I do?

Don't use layout tables? ;)

Ben C

Hello,

the following html doesn't work:

<H1>Test</H1>

The text "Test" doesn't appear in the middle of the cell.
If I don't use the tag H1 it works.

What can I do?

You could try

h1 { margin: 0; }

Richard Formby

Reiner said:
the following html doesn't work:

<H1>Test</H1>

The text "Test" doesn't appear in the middle of the cell.
If I don't use the tag H1 it works.

Works for me. The h1 text is in the exact vertical middle of the cell, as it
is by default anyway.

Where is what you tried?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Talbot?=

Reiner Wagner wrote :
Hello,

the following html doesn't work:

<H1>Test</H1>

The text "Test" doesn't appear in the middle of the cell.
If I don't use the tag H1 it works.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance,

Reiner

Do not use tables for laying out elements, to position elements.

Table-based webpage design versus CSS-based webpage design: resources,
explanations and tutorials
http://www.gtalbot.org/NvuSection/NvuWebDesignTips/TableVsCSSDesign.html

Also
Recommendable CSS webpage templates