valign image in table cell?

harry

Using IE 5.5 (sp2)

I have an image 21 pixels in height that I want next to a text field (which
sizes to 22px) with a table cell.

I'm trying to get the image to centre vertically in the cell but whatever I
try it makes no difference, the image is stuck in the top left corner of the
cell making it look odd as the text field is several pixels lower down.

I've tried putting it in separate cell, using div's but still no difference!

Is this possible?

thanks

harry

Els

harry said:
Using IE 5.5 (sp2)

I have an image 21 pixels in height that I want next to a text field (which
sizes to 22px) with a table cell.

I'm trying to get the image to centre vertically in the cell but whatever I
try it makes no difference, the image is stuck in the top left corner of the
cell making it look odd as the text field is several pixels lower down.

I've tried putting it in separate cell, using div's but still no difference!

I think posting a url would help a lot, as a table cell
already centers the content vertically by default...

Hywel

harry said:
Using IE 5.5 (sp2)

I have an image 21 pixels in height that I want next to a text field (which
sizes to 22px) with a table cell.

I'm trying to get the image to centre vertically in the cell but whatever I
try it makes no difference, the image is stuck in the top left corner of the
cell making it look odd as the text field is several pixels lower down.

I've tried putting it in separate cell, using div's but still no difference!

Is this possible?

No. To valign a 21 pixel high image you'll need a text field that's 23
pixels high. With a 21px high field you'll either hat the image aligned
to the top with 1 pixel and the bottom, or aligned at the bottom with 1
pixel at the top. You need an even number of pixels difference between
the height of two objects.

A URL would be useful.