    don't support that. (http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/file.html#value).

    I really need to implement this feature, any workarounds to the problem?

    Please advise. thanks!!

    Matt, Nov 12, 2004

  2. Matt

    Karl Core Guest

    "Matt" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > If I do the following, the browse text box still cannot see
    > C:/hello world/test.txt.
    >
    > <input type="file" name="fileName" value="C:/hello world/test.txt"
    > size=80>
    >
    > I realize we couldn't set the default filename for security reasons, and
    > browsers
    > don't support that.
    > (http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/file.html#value).
    >
    > I really need to implement this feature, any workarounds to the problem?

    Yeah, here's a great workaround: acceptance. Can't be done, so move on.

    -Karl

    Karl Core, Nov 12, 2004

  3. Matt

    Mitja Guest

    On 12 Nov 2004 13:45:15 -0800, Matt <> wrote:

    > I realize we couldn't set the default filename for security reasons, and
    > browsers
    > don't support that.
    > (http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/file.html#value).
    >
    > I really need to implement this feature, any workarounds to the problem?

    You'll still have to work on that realizing part :)
    If there were workarounds, Jukka would've mentioned them. It can't be
    done. Maybe we can help if you tell us about the background of your
    problem.

    --
    Mitja

    Mitja, Nov 12, 2004
  4. Matt

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Matt said:

    > <input type="file" name="fileName" value="C:/hello world/test.txt" size=80>
    > I really need to implement this feature, any workarounds to the problem?

    use a browser that supports it such as opera3-6

    l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Nov 12, 2004
  5. Jukka K. Korpela, Nov 12, 2004
  6. Matt

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Matt wrote:

    > I realize we couldn't set the default filename for security reasons, and browsers
    > don't support that. (http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/file.html#value).
    >
    > I really need to implement this feature, any workarounds to the problem?

    Of course there aren't any workarounds. If there were, they'd be security
    problems and would be fixed in the next release of the browser. (e.g.
    there was such a bug in Opera 6.01 and 6.02 for Windows, but it was fixed
    in 6.03.)

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Nov 12, 2004
  7. Matt

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Jukka K. Korpela said:

    >> use a browser that supports it such as opera3-6

    > Do you mean that something changed in a later version of Opera?

    i only looked in 3 and 6.

    > My Opera 7.23 seems to support the value attribute as before (with the
    > security alert).

    yep but i didn't get a security alert. its not supported by 7.54 or
    7.6p2.

    l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Nov 12, 2004
  8. Matt