value of type "MyNamespace.MyClassName" cannot be converted to "MyNamespace.MyClassName"

Bert Leu

I have a ASP.Net application that uses assemblies from several other
solutions. When testing the applications on my machine I build all the
referenced assemblies using nmake. The latest assemblies get placed in a
common directory that is referenced by my ASP.NET app.

Occasionally I receive the following error: value of type
"MyNamespace.MyClassName" cannot be converted to "MyNamespace.MyClassName"
(there are a lot of these for different classes) when doing a debug build. I
have tried the following with no luck:

Build the ASP.Net application

Rebuild the ASP.Net application

Close VS and build the ASP.Net application

Close VS.Net as rebuild the asp.Net application

IISreset and build/rebuild the application

It seems the only thing that works is if I run nmake to build all my
referenced assemblies, I can then build the ASP.Net application.

Any ideas as to what causes this? Is there an easier way to fix it?

Thanks a lot.

Laurent Bugnion, MVP

Hi Bert,

Bert said:
I have a ASP.Net application that uses assemblies from several other
solutions. When testing the applications on my machine I build all the
referenced assemblies using nmake. The latest assemblies get placed in a
common directory that is referenced by my ASP.NET app.

Occasionally I receive the following error: value of type
"MyNamespace.MyClassName" cannot be converted to "MyNamespace.MyClassName"
(there are a lot of these for different classes) when doing a debug build. I
have tried the following with no luck:

<snip>

Maybe this can help:
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/arch...available-for-asp-net-compilation-issues.aspx