value transfer from page to frame in second page frameset

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by lev, Sep 10, 2008.

  1. lev

    lev Guest

    I want to pass a value(name) from a 'sign-in'(password) page to
    one(result) frame of a second, three-frame frameset page. I did this
    with 'action = result file.cgi' in the 'sign-in' file and
    $ENV{'REQUEST_METHOD'} in the result file.cgi, but then only the
    result frame alone was displayed. Doing the same with 'action=
    frameset file.htm' displays all frames, but no value is transferred to
    the static html file. This is why I need to write the frameset as a
    cgi file. A value transferred to a frameset.cgi file could, I assume,
    be used as a global value by the single result frame.
    My efforts to write such a frameset, as the example below, were not
    successful. Perhaps, someone could steer me right via cgi or via a
    better(js) approach?

    #!/usr/bin/perl -w

    use CGI qw/:standard/;
    my $q=new CGI;
    use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

    print $q->header(); #or: $q->print("Content-Type: text/html\n
    \n");
    print $q->start_html(-title=>'PagePass');

    print <<endhtml;
    <FRAMESET ROWS="50%,*">
    <FRAME NAME="display" SRC="http://bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il/
    safety-bin/Document2.cgi">
    <FRAME NAME="data" SRC="http://bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il/
    safety-bin/cgi-bin/home.cgi">
    </FRAMESET>
    endhtml
    ;
    # exit 0;

    #malformed header from script. Bad header=<!DOCTYPE html:

    lev, Sep 10, 2008

  2. lev wrote:
    > [...] This is why I need to write the frameset as a cgi file. A value
    > transferred to a frameset.cgi file could, I assume, be used as a global
    > value by the single result frame. My efforts to write such a frameset, as
    > the example below, were not successful. Perhaps, someone could steer me
    > right via cgi or via a better(js) approach?

    You do not have a problem that can be solved best with an ECMAScript
    implementation: not server-side, because you use Perl there already;
    not client-side, because the server-side approach is more reliable.

    Ask in comp.lang.perl for help with your CGI/Perl script instead.

    PointedEars
    --
    var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (
    ) // Plone, register_function.js:16