Vanishing PARAM="ARCHIVE" tag

Michael

After trying to load my java applet from <OBJECT> tag
(rather than <APPLET> tag), it renders fine, except when
you click between the DESIGN view then back to HTML view,
the <PARAM NAME="ARCHIVE" VALUE="jars/myapp.jar"> line
completely vanishes.

Click to HTML view again, and the applet just does not
load or work (as would be expected!). Re-add the vanishing
line and all is well again.

(As long as you do not click to change views you can save
the page and use the web site normally. Of course this is
OK until you need to make changes and then it is
dangerously likely that this tag line might vanish and be
forgotten!)

Anyone else experience this or have an idea of a work-
around or WHY the MS designer does this ???

-- Code snippet...

<OBJECT codeBase="../" height="100%" width="100%"
code="TreeApplet.class" name="MyTree" VIEWASTEXT>
<PARAM NAME="mayscript" VALUE="true">
<PARAM NAME="archive" VALUE="jars/myapp.jar">
<PARAM NAME="item0" VALUE="Hello">
<PARAM NAME="item1" VALUE="Goodbye">
</OBJECT>