    how would I add a wildcard to a variable that's inside of brackets

    also, what is this character called - {

    it's not a bracket
    M0stro, Oct 6, 2005

  2. M0stro <> wrote:

    > what is the difference between a variable, example - $var, and a
    > variable written like {$var}

    I think you mean ${var}. Look in perldata, starting with the paragraph
    that begins "As in some shells". If you don't mean ${var}, then its
    meaning depends on the context.

    > how would I add a wildcard to a variable that's inside of brackets

    I don't know what that means.
    David K. Wall, Oct 6, 2005

  3. M0stro <> wrote:

    > what is the difference between a variable, example - $var, and a variable
    > written like {$var}

    We cannot tell without seeing what context the {$var} usage is in.

    If you instead meant what is the difference between $var and ${var},
    then the answer is: there is no difference.

    > how would I add a wildcard to a variable that's inside of brackets

    I don't understand your question there...

    > also, what is this character called - {
    >
    > it's not a bracket

    It is a "curly brace" or "curly bracket".

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Oct 6, 2005