    significance of the $ after the variable name?
    Thanks,
    Wes
    wesf, May 10, 2007

  2. wesf wrote:
    > I'm new to Perl and have taken over a website built on the Interchange
    > framework. I have a problem that i tracked down to two variables $URL
    > $ and $EXPAND$. I know variables start with a $, but what's the
    > significance of the $ after the variable name?

    As far as Perl is concerned: there is none. That trailing dollar sign does
    not belong to the variable name.
    Maybe it is some marker for the Interchange framework?

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, May 10, 2007

  3. wesf

    Guest

    On May 9, 4:04 pm, wesf <> wrote:
    > I have a problem that i tracked down to two variables $URL$
    > and $EXPAND$

    I suspect those are actually template placeholders; Interchange
    (whatever that is) would substitute actual values as the page was
    served.

    David Filmer (http://DavidFilmer.com)
    , May 10, 2007