    pictures)?

    thanks! -jason

    , Mar 12, 2006

  2. Jose Guest

    > my page is www.trinadoula.com. i would like to be able to have the
    > entire page be of variable height rather than have the embedded
    > scrolling text box (which is how i have it now). how can i make this
    > page of variable height depending on what the content is (i.e. text or
    > pictures)?

    To start with, don't use absolute positioning or pixel measurements.
    The user has already chosen their monitor and window size, let the
    browser do the work of positioning elements to fit their choices. Use
    percents.

    And I suspect that setting the coordinates of each area is also
    preventing the page from sizing according to content, which is what
    pages are supposed to do. Lose that and you'll be a long way towards
    your goal.

    As an aisde, I personally don't like to see pictures changing on a
    website unless I ask them to. It's distracting. A web site is not
    television - people come to it differently.

    Jose

    Jose, Mar 12, 2006