Variable Web Page Height

jasdak

my page is www.trinadoula.com. i would like to be able to have the
entire page be of variable height rather than have the embedded
scrolling text box (which is how i have it now). how can i make this
page of variable height depending on what the content is (i.e. text or
pictures)?

thanks! -jason

Jose

my page is www.trinadoula.com. i would like to be able to have the
entire page be of variable height rather than have the embedded
scrolling text box (which is how i have it now). how can i make this
page of variable height depending on what the content is (i.e. text or
pictures)?

To start with, don't use absolute positioning or pixel measurements.
The user has already chosen their monitor and window size, let the
browser do the work of positioning elements to fit their choices. Use
percents.

And I suspect that setting the coordinates of each area is also
preventing the page from sizing according to content, which is what
pages are supposed to do. Lose that and you'll be a long way towards
your goal.

As an aisde, I personally don't like to see pictures changing on a
website unless I ask them to. It's distracting. A web site is not
television - people come to it differently.

Jose