    by a site admin..

    How to I remove the variables from showing on the address
    bar?

    rachel, Mar 8, 2005

  2. rachel

    WJ Guest

    It sounds like you are using GET method. Use POST instead (If you meant your
    ..aspx/html page ?)

    John

    WJ, Mar 9, 2005

  3. > Looks like i have variables that are exposed in the
    > address bar... I was able to enter a value in the address
    > bar and get to a page that is only supposed to be viewed
    > by a site admin..
    >
    > How to I remove the variables from showing on the address
    > bar?

    I'd say that the issue is more the fact that you can reach a restricted
    page rather than it is obvious how to do it.

    People can check POST data almost as easily as GET data. You need to
    protect the page properly.

    --
    Pete
    ====

    Read or write articles on just about anything
    http://www.HowToDoThings.com

    My blog
    http://blogs.slcdug.org/petermorris/
    Peter Morris [Droopy eyes software], Mar 9, 2005