Variables exposed

rachel

Hi,

Looks like i have variables that are exposed in the
address bar... I was able to enter a value in the address
bar and get to a page that is only supposed to be viewed
by a site admin..

How to I remove the variables from showing on the address
bar?

WJ

It sounds like you are using GET method. Use POST instead (If you meant your
..aspx/html page ?)

John

Peter Morris [Droopy eyes software]

Looks like i have variables that are exposed in the
address bar... I was able to enter a value in the address
bar and get to a page that is only supposed to be viewed
by a site admin..

How to I remove the variables from showing on the address
bar?

I'd say that the issue is more the fact that you can reach a restricted
page rather than it is obvious how to do it.

People can check POST data almost as easily as GET data. You need to
protect the page properly.

--
Pete
====

Read or write articles on just about anything
http://www.HowToDoThings.com

My blog
http://blogs.slcdug.org/petermorris/