variant

Guest

My vb function in com+ is:

public Function updatestatus(byval MessageControlIDas string ,byval Status
as string,byref ErrMessage as variant, optional byval QueueErrorMessage as
string ="")as variant

I am trying to call this through com interop:

object ReturnedValue;

ReturnedValue = HVOUTInstance.updatestatus(MessageControlID,
Status,ErrMessage, QueueErrorMessage);

I get an error saying " cannot convert from 'object' to ref object'

what should I do?

thanks

Natty Gur

Hi,

use ref keyword before ErrMessage :

ReturnedValue = HVOUTInstance.updatestatus(MessageControlID,
Status,ref ErrMessage, QueueErrorMessage);

it's part oc C# syntax

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377