Various path/path/files.asp all #include this 1 file

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by \A_Michigan_User\, Jul 10, 2005.

  1. Ok, I give up.

    I need to #include the same 1 file (IncludeThis.asp) into 3 different asp
    files.

    1> C:\MyDir\ThisFile.asp
    2> D:\MyDir\AASubSub\ThatFile.asp
    3> E:\MyDir\CCSub\DDSubSub\AnotherFile.asp

    On another server... those same 3 files... need to include
    their own local copy of IncludeThis.asp

    4> D:\EEDir\ThisFile.asp
    5> E:\FFDir\GGSubSub\ThatFile.asp
    6> F:\HHDir\IISub\JJSubSub\AnotherFile.asp

    Is there a way I can make an #include statement that I can
    put in the files... that will still find the IncludeFile.asp... regardless
    of the different drives, different paths, different levels of dir nesting?
    (Base filenames 1,2,3... are the same as 4,5,6, respectively.)

    The include-file will always be called IncludeThis.asp
    (Where should I put it?)

    \A_Michigan_User\, Jul 10, 2005

  2. \A_Michigan_User\

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:32:36 -0400, "\"A_Michigan_User\""
    <> wrote:

    >Ok, I give up.
    >
    >I need to #include the same 1 file (IncludeThis.asp) into 3 different asp
    >files.
    >
    >1> C:\MyDir\ThisFile.asp
    >2> D:\MyDir\AASubSub\ThatFile.asp
    >3> E:\MyDir\CCSub\DDSubSub\AnotherFile.asp
    >
    >On another server... those same 3 files... need to include
    >their own local copy of IncludeThis.asp
    >
    >4> D:\EEDir\ThisFile.asp
    >5> E:\FFDir\GGSubSub\ThatFile.asp
    >6> F:\HHDir\IISub\JJSubSub\AnotherFile.asp
    >
    >Is there a way I can make an #include statement that I can
    >put in the files... that will still find the IncludeFile.asp... regardless
    >of the different drives, different paths, different levels of dir nesting?
    >(Base filenames 1,2,3... are the same as 4,5,6, respectively.)
    >
    >The include-file will always be called IncludeThis.asp
    >(Where should I put it?)

    You need to put it where it can be access by a path from all
    locations. Which likely means a UNC path to the separate servers,
    dealing with permissions for the account accessing the UNC path. And
    the possibility that a server connection is lost and all your pages
    break.

    Or, use a script to replicate the include to several locations that
    are easier to access.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jul 10, 2005