VB ASP and SQL

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Joe, Apr 22, 2007.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Hi,

    I am converting a VB .ASP using an Access Databese program to a
    VB .ASP using a SQL database, I am almost done There is one problem,
    I have a field which is a ntext (memo field in Access) that won't
    display in a HTML table:

    "<td><font size="2"><%=MRMTitle%></font></td>"

    It will show up as a response.write: " Response.Write("<p>Req = " +
    rsMRM("Requirements_Long") + "<p>")"

    Everything else shows up in my program, except for this one thing. I
    have a co-worker and a friend both helping me, and both are stumped. I
    am very confused. Can anyone help me with this?

    Here is my main Select:

    " qryString = "SELECT [General/Meeting Title], [Meeting Start],
    [Meeting End], [Group_ID], [Requirements_Long], Rooms.[Meeting
    Room],"
    qryString = qryString & " [Notification/EMail] FROM Reservations"
    qryString = qryString & " INNER JOIN Rooms ON Reservations.Room_ID
    = Rooms.Room_ID"
    qryString = qryString & " WHERE (((Reservations.[Meeting
    Start])>'" & startDateNew & "')"
    qryString = qryString & " AND ((Reservations.[Meeting End])<'" &
    endDateNew & "')) ""

    Once I open the query then I loop through processing the data. I try
    to assign [General/Meeting Title] to a variable, MRMTitle, but it is
    blank. Like I said it will print with a response.write but nothing
    else.

    I forgot to mention that in the Access database the [General/Meeting
    Title] is a memo field, here in the converted SQL database, [General/
    Meeting Title] is now a NTEXT field. I do not know if that makes a
    difference or not.

    If anyone needs more info, I will be happy to give it.

    Joe, Apr 22, 2007

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2188

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET