vb asp.net IRC client test

jason

Does anybody know where I might find code that connects to a fixed IRC
server ,joins a fixed a channel, sends a message , waits for then
sends responses back to server.

No bells, no whistles, all hard coded and displaying back in HTTP is
fine.

The above is just for proof of concept. Ideally code might be a single
aspx page with no input forms, just renders responses from EFNET /join
#asp.net after send some text.

Are there going to be DoS reasons why the above might not be so easy ?
Really, I just want to have simple IRC access from handheld browser I
run (on a Tmobile Sidekick), that does not have an IRC client and does
not support java or javascript - meaning there's no easy way to IRC
without hosting your own relay/gateway code.

Thanks.