VB frontend to Python COM backend

Discussion in 'Python' started by Harry George, Jul 6, 2007.

  1. Harry George

    Harry George Guest

    nik <> writes:

    > I have a VB6 application that I would like to attach to a python
    > communications application.
    >
    > I have come across several discussions on using VB with a Python COM
    > back-end, but no starting point. I haven't had anymore luck with
    > google at finding out what this method is called and where to find
    > more information or examples on it. I would really appreciate it if
    > someone could point me in the right direction for using python objects
    > from VB.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Nik

    Search for "python win32 book". You want "Python Programming on Win32"
    By Mark J.. Hammond, Andy Robinson. It covers exactly this case.

    --
    Harry George
    PLM Engineering Architecture

    nik, Jul 6, 2007

  3. Harry George

    Giles Brown Guest

    On 6 Jul, 06:58, nik <> wrote:
    > I have a VB6 application that I would like to attach to a python
    > communications application.
    >
    > I have come across several discussions on using VB with a Python COM
    > back-end, but no starting point. I haven't had anymore luck with
    > google at finding out what this method is called and where to find
    > more information or examples on it. I would really appreciate it if
    > someone could point me in the right direction for using python objects
    > from VB.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Nik

    Try this for starters...

    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonwin32/chapter/ch12.html

    Giles

    Giles Brown, Jul 6, 2007
  4. Harry George

    nik Guest

    Thank you for the lead. That is exactly what I was wishing for.

    Thank you,
    Nik

    nik, Jul 6, 2007