    there an equivalent in vb.net or do I need to do it by forcing each
    first letter to upper case and subsequent letters to lower? Thanks!

    Matt
    MattB, Jan 13, 2005

  2. MattB

    Rick Guest

    Re: is there a function to capitolize each word in a string?

    Try This:

    StrConv("TEXT HERE", VbStrConv.ProperCase)

    Rick, Jan 13, 2005

  3. Re: is there a function to capitolize each word in a string?

    Hi Matt,

    You can get this in the TextInfo.ToTitleCase Method in the
    System.Globalization Namespace.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...lobalizationtextinfoclasstotitlecasetopic.asp

    Ken
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
    Toronto

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jan 14, 2005
  4. Re: is there a function to capitolize each word in a string?

    Hey Matt,

    If you want to do FoxPro stuff in .NET, check the documentation for Visual
    FoxPro Toolkit for .NET found here:

    http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/vfp/

    Ken
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
    Toronto

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jan 14, 2005
  5. MattB

    MattB Guest

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP] wrote:
    > Hey Matt,
    >
    > If you want to do FoxPro stuff in .NET, check the documentation for
    > Visual FoxPro Toolkit for .NET found here:
    >
    > http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/vfp/
    >
    > Ken
    > Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
    > Toronto
    >
    > "MattB" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I used to use the Proper() function in VFP quite a bit. Very handy. Is
    >> there an equivalent in vb.net or do I need to do it by forcing each
    >> first letter to upper case and subsequent letters to lower? Thanks!
    >>
    >> Matt

    Thanks. I'm not really trying to use VFP with .net, that's just where my
    background lies.
    Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like these will be helpful!

    Matt
    MattB, Jan 14, 2005