VB Login Page Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Dam6, Jun 24, 2005.

  1. Dam6

    Dam6 Guest

    Okay...
    Using vb .net within DW MX2004, connecting to an access database:

    Background: I have created a simple login.aspx page that is supposed to
    re-direct to default.aspx using FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage.
    The data is correct from testing the dataset etc and the page also informs
    me that I have entered an incorrect user / password.

    Problem:
    When I go to http://localhost/Modify/Login.aspx and enter the username and
    password the url returns
    http://localhost/Modify/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/Modify/default.aspx and
    does not take me to any other page???

    Code:
    WEB.CONFIG:

    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off" />
    <authentication mode = "Forms">
    <forms name = " .SECAUTH " loginUrl="login.aspx">
    <credentials />
    </forms>
    </authentication>
    <authorization>
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>
    </system.web>

    LOGIN PAGE:

    <%@ Page Language="VB" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1"
    %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="MM" Namespace="DreamweaverCtrls"
    Assembly="DreamweaverCtrls,version=1.0.0.0,publicKeyToken=836f606ede05d46a,culture=neutral"
    %>
    <MM:DataSet
    id="dsLogin"
    runat="Server"
    IsStoredProcedure="false"
    ConnectionString='<%#
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("MM_CONNECTION_STRING_connITNoticeboardASP")
    %>'
    DatabaseType='<%#
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("MM_CONNECTION_DATABASETYPE_connITNoticeboardASP")
    %>'
    CommandText='<%# "SELECT EmployeeID, LastLogin, User_name, Pass_wrd FROM
    tbl_users WHERE User_name = ? AND Pass_wrd = ?" %>'
    Debug="true"
    ><Parameters>

    <Parameter Name="@User_name" Value='<%# IIf((Request.Form("tfUsername")
    <> Nothing), Request.Form("tfUsername"), "") %>' Type="WChar" />
    <Parameter Name="@Pass_wrd" Value='<%# IIf((Request.Form("tfPasswrd") <>
    Nothing), Request.Form("tfPasswrd"), "") %>' Type="WChar" />
    </Parameters></MM:DataSet>
    <MM:pageBind runat="server" PostBackBind="true" />
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
    <head>
    <title>Login Page</title>
    <!--
    ..style1 {
    font-size: 18px;
    font-weight: bold;
    }
    -->
    </head>
    cellspacing="0">
    /></td>
    /></td>
    </form></td>
    <%
    if dsLogin.RecordCount > 0 then
    Session("sessUsername") = Request.Form("tfUsername")
    FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage("tfUsername.value", true )
    else if ((Request.Form("tfUsername"))) <> Nothing OR
    ((Request.Form("tfPassword"))) <> Nothing
    response.Write("Login Failed. Please Try Again.")
    end if
    %>

    cellspacing="0">
    target="_parent">www.yahoo.com</a></p>

    Dam6, Jun 24, 2005

  2. Dam6

    Guest

    Is your Default.aspx page secured against anonymous users in
    Web.Config? If so, just hit that page directly...users will be
    temporarily redirected to the Login.aspx page but then immediately
    returned to Default.aspx upon successfully logging in.

    If Default.aspx is open to anonymous users, you can always include log
    in functionality (user name and password textboxes, log in button with
    code-behind, etc...) directly on that page.

    I am sure there are many other solutions...

    , Jun 25, 2005

  3. Dam6

    Dam6 Guest

    Thanks!

    Will give this a go

    Dam6, Jun 25, 2005
  4. Dam6

    Dam6 Guest

    Found what was wrong from the books appended mistakes page while looking on
    the web:

    forms name = " SECAUTH " loginUrl="login.aspx">
    not
    forms name = " .SECAUTH " loginUrl="login.aspx">

    take out the full stop and it all works.

    Dam6, Jun 30, 2005