    marked as executable and i am not allowed to copy files into that directory
    on my PC!

    thanks.

    John Blair, Jan 7, 2005

  2. "John Blair" <> wrote in message
    news:BTtDd.188$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to make the Copy Project option work from within
    > Vb.net - it fails on my PC with an error saying the new copy directory is
    > marked as executable and i am not allowed to copy files into that
    > directory on my PC!

    Is the target directory set as executable only?

    John Saunders

    John Saunders, Jan 7, 2005

  3. John Blair

    John Blair Guest

    Thanks for feedback!

    The directory is a new one created by Vb.net when the Copy Project command
    is issued so i would expect vb.net to create it with whatever permissions
    are appropriate to complete the copy.

    John Blair, Jan 7, 2005
  4. RE: VB.Net Copy Project fails because copy directory is marked executa

    I get the same problem using C# but the message returned is "Unable to create
    Web project 'xxx'. Unable to validate that the file path 'yyy' match the URL
    path 'zzz'. Access is denied". I have modify rights to the file path 'yyy'
    so, I don't know why VS won't co-operate.

    HMK

    =?Utf-8?B?SE1L?=, Jan 11, 2005
  5. Re: VB.Net Copy Project fails because copy directory is marked executa

    "HMK" <> wrote in message
    >I get the same problem using C# but the message returned is "Unable to
    >create
    > Web project 'xxx'. Unable to validate that the file path 'yyy' match the
    > URL
    > path 'zzz'. Access is denied". I have modify rights to the file path 'yyy'
    > so, I don't know why VS won't co-operate.

    I wonder if it means "Access denied" to the web site. Check the IIS log to
    see if anything interesting happened.

    John Saunders

    John Saunders, Jan 12, 2005