vb .net / email with excel embedded and attached

mattmerc

Hi all,

I recently posted a question similar to this, but now I have a
different need than what I had anticipated. Thanks all for your help so
far. Here is what I am looking for:

I have an asp .net / vb .net page that generates a datagrid. When a
button is clicked, I would like to send the contents of that datagrid
as an excel attachment AND excel embedded in the email. I understand
how to send email within asp .net, but I have no idea how to attach the
datagrid as excel or to embed the excel in the body of the email.

If possible, the solution should not require excel to be installed on
the server and should allow formatting of the excel to make it more
readable. Specifically, I would like the longer fields to word wrap
within the cell instead of being cut off or continuously on one line.

Any help is appreciated. I don't mind doing the research and learning
how to do this, but I am coming up blank so far. Anything with Excel
turns up so many hits it is hard to read it all.

Thanks again.