    Scripting.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Thirumalai.
    Thirumalai, Jun 24, 2006

  2. "Thirumalai" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > All I would like to do is, I have to place these rules in an External
    > Script.When the rule got changed, the user should be able to modify the
    > rule in the external script(in central location) by himself, with out the
    > need to take the setup again.
    >
    > What scripting technique we could use in VB.net?.

    The easiest solution is to embed the MSScript.OCX control and use that to
    load VBScript / JScript. It doesn't support .NET languages, but as long as
    you expose a COM-friendly OM from your application it will work fine (and
    your customer doesn't need to know .NET).

    Otherwise, VSA would have been a good choice but I believe it is deprecated.
    Next best solution is to compile the code via VB's ICodeCompiler interface,
    load it with Assembly.Load, and then find the startup object with
    Assembly.GetType and then call it's constructor with a handle to your OM and
    go from there.

    Peter

    --
    Peter Torr - http://blogs.msdn.com/ptorr