VB.net External Scripting -reg

Thirumalai

Dear friends,

I have given an application developed in VB.net to one of my client(User).In
the source code we have used 5 rules say for example.
Now one of the rule has been changed.For this purpose Again I have take the
whole setup and deploy at the client place.I dont want to do this process
again.All I would like to do is, I have to place these rules in an External
Script.When the rule got changed, the user should be able to modify the rule
in the external script(in central location) by himself, with out the need to
take the setup again.

What scripting technique we could use in VB.net?.

I need a sample very simple vb.net code which supports this External
Scripting.

Thanks & Regards,
Thirumalai.

Peter Torr \(MS\)

Thirumalai said:
All I would like to do is, I have to place these rules in an External
Script.When the rule got changed, the user should be able to modify the
rule in the external script(in central location) by himself, with out the
need to take the setup again.

What scripting technique we could use in VB.net?.

The easiest solution is to embed the MSScript.OCX control and use that to
load VBScript / JScript. It doesn't support .NET languages, but as long as
you expose a COM-friendly OM from your application it will work fine (and
your customer doesn't need to know .NET).

Otherwise, VSA would have been a good choice but I believe it is deprecated.
Next best solution is to compile the code via VB's ICodeCompiler interface,
load it with Assembly.Load, and then find the startup object with
Assembly.GetType and then call it's constructor with a handle to your OM and
go from there.

Peter

Peter Torr \(MS\)