VB.NET/Netscape/Javacript Mouseover Problem

JJ_377

Hi -
The following works *fine* in IE, but not in Netscape (7.1):

btnOverview.Attributes.Add("onMouseOver", "document.all.btnOverview.src
='Buttons/netOverviewOn.jpg';")
btnOverview.Attributes.Add("onMouseOut", "document.all.btnOverview.src
='Buttons/netOverviewOff.jpg';")

The above is done in the Page_Load event of the aspx.vb file. (Line
breaks are the result of the Google text editor.)

I've tried various ways of specifying the image and been all over the
web (including Netscape's Javascript online reference) and nothing
makes the above work in Netscape....

**My thanks**

Jules

Martin Honnen

The following works *fine* in IE, but not in Netscape (7.1):

btnOverview.Attributes.Add("onMouseOver", "document.all.btnOverview.src
='Buttons/netOverviewOn.jpg';")
btnOverview.Attributes.Add("onMouseOut", "document.all.btnOverview.src
='Buttons/netOverviewOff.jpg';")

The above is done in the Page_Load event of the aspx.vb file. (Line
breaks are the result of the Google text editor.)

All you need is probably
btnOverview.Attributes.Add("onmouseover",
"this.src = 'Buttons/netOverviewOn.jpg';")
btnOverview.Attributes.Add("onmouseout",
"this.src = 'Buttons/netOverviewOff.jpg';")
but that is a guess, we would need to seee the client-side HTML and
script that arrives at the browser and not the server-side VB.NET code.

JJ_377

Martin -

THAT WORKS!!

(using "this.src")

Also, I upgraded to Netscape 7.2 from 7.1 but I have no idea whether or
not that contributed...

I have a client-side mouseover now in in IE/NS from attributes added to
the imagebutton in the aspx.vb file.

**THANK** YOU!!!!

Alison

Martin Honnen

THAT WORKS!!

(using "this.src")

Also, I upgraded to Netscape 7.2 from 7.1 but I have no idea whether or
not that contributed...

I am sure it didn't contribute.