VB.NET Web Application and Cascading Style Sheets

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Fred Nelson, May 4, 2005.

  1. Fred Nelson

    Fred Nelson Guest

    Hi:

    I have a VB.NET web application that has been running just fine for several
    months without any cascading style sheets. Suddenly several users have had
    problems with the layout of the screen. In particular some text boxes are
    getting too large and covering buttons and therefore preventing them from
    being pushed.

    It appears that some other application - or perhaps a plug-in - (probably an
    unwanted plug-in) changes the
    default browser settings and then causes problems on my site when people go
    to it.

    I assume that the way to solve this is to use a common cascading style sheet
    everywhere in the system.

    I'm having problems figuring out which font settings for labels relate to
    html codes such as <h1> <h2> when I choose font sizes X-Large and the
    others. The view source doesn't help as that code is actually used in the
    generated html.

    Does anyone know where I could find this information.

    Also - is there a default style sheet somewhere that will cause screen to
    display as it does on my developemnt system.

    Thanks for your help!

    Fred
    Fred Nelson, May 4, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bGF0aGEgdmFsbGluYXlhZ2Ft?=, May 5, 2005