VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr

Reply NJ

VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr

We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this
role, you will design and develop application software for a successful
global corporation. You will also support and install software
applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing
process and utilize formal development methodologies. A bachelor's
degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills
in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000.
2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major
corporation and in team development environment is required. Preferred
skills include: Visual Source Safe, Javascript, Microsoft Reporting
Services (a plus), object oriented development, and relational database
design.

Reply to: (e-mail address removed) Please put "VB.NET Web Programmer in
New York $40/hr" in your reply

Scott M.

I would think that any "global corporation" would know that a good VB.NET
programmer would be more than $40 p/hour. I would also think that a "global
corporation" would know what a head hunter is and that you don't solicit in
a professional development area like this. Lastly, I would think that
anyone who knew anything about IT, would know not to post their unaltered
email address in a newsgroup.

farseer

there are contracts offering about $80 to $110 an hour for .NET related
work. The higher contracts were for more of a architect/project
lead/developer role however.

never the less, even "just" VB.NET should worth more than just $40 imo.

Alvin Bruney [MVP - ASP.NET]

is that for straight 40 work week or a couple hours here and there. i need
to complain to my boss for more money if that's the case

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

[Shameless Author Plug]
Now available @ www.lulu.com/owc

farseer

that's for a $40 hr week, 6 month minimum contract. i have found the
better paying ones ask for C# and Java experience. seems folks are
either to convert existing java systems OR are looking to do tie a .net
component into a an exisitng infrastructure based on java...

farseer

I thought that $40 / hr was the cost of a cheap apartment in NY...?

pretty much. the all in one - one 700sq ft room that includes the
kitchen, living room, dining room, and bathroom...

Joona I Palaste

Reply NJ said:
VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this
role, you will design and develop application software for a successful
global corporation. You will also support and install software
applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing
process and utilize formal development methodologies. A bachelor's
degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills
in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000.
2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major
corporation and in team development environment is required. Preferred
skills include: Visual Source Safe, Javascript, Microsoft Reporting
Services (a plus), object oriented development, and relational database
design.

Am I the only one wondering why they're writing on a Java newsgroup
advertising for a job where you don't have to write any Java code or
have any experience in Java?