VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr

Discussion in 'Java' started by Reply NJ, Apr 23, 2005.

  1. Reply NJ

    Reply NJ Guest

    VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr

    We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this
    role, you will design and develop application software for a successful
    global corporation. You will also support and install software
    applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing
    process and utilize formal development methodologies. A bachelor's
    degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills
    in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000.
    2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major
    corporation and in team development environment is required. Preferred
    skills include: Visual Source Safe, Javascript, Microsoft Reporting
    Services (a plus), object oriented development, and relational database
    design.

    Reply to: Please put "VB.NET Web Programmer in
    New York $40/hr" in your reply
    Reply NJ, Apr 23, 2005

  2. Reply NJ

    Scott M. Guest

    I would think that any "global corporation" would know that a good VB.NET
    programmer would be more than $40 p/hour. I would also think that a "global
    corporation" would know what a head hunter is and that you don't solicit in
    a professional development area like this. Lastly, I would think that
    anyone who knew anything about IT, would know not to post their unaltered
    email address in a newsgroup.

    Scott M., Apr 23, 2005

  3. Reply NJ

    farseer Guest

    there are contracts offering about $80 to $110 an hour for .NET related
    work. The higher contracts were for more of a architect/project
    lead/developer role however.

    never the less, even "just" VB.NET should worth more than just $40 imo.
    farseer, Apr 24, 2005
  4. is that for straight 40 work week or a couple hours here and there. i need
    to complain to my boss for more money if that's the case

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

    [Shameless Author Plug]
    Now available @ www.lulu.com/owc

    Alvin Bruney [MVP - ASP.NET], Apr 24, 2005
  5. Reply NJ

    farseer Guest

    that's for a $40 hr week, 6 month minimum contract. i have found the
    better paying ones ask for C# and Java experience. seems folks are
    either to convert existing java systems OR are looking to do tie a .net
    component into a an exisitng infrastructure based on java...
    farseer, Apr 24, 2005
  6. Reply NJ

    Bruce Wood Guest

    I thought that $40 / hr was the cost of a cheap apartment in NY...?
    Bruce Wood, Apr 25, 2005
  7. Reply NJ

    farseer Guest

    >>I thought that $40 / hr was the cost of a cheap apartment in NY...?

    pretty much. the all in one - one 700sq ft room that includes the
    kitchen, living room, dining room, and bathroom...
    farseer, Apr 26, 2005
  8. Reply NJ <> scribbled the following:
    > VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr

    > We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this
    > role, you will design and develop application software for a successful
    > global corporation. You will also support and install software
    > applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing
    > process and utilize formal development methodologies. A bachelor's
    > degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills
    > in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000.
    > 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major
    > corporation and in team development environment is required. Preferred
    > skills include: Visual Source Safe, Javascript, Microsoft Reporting
    > Services (a plus), object oriented development, and relational database
    > design.

    Am I the only one wondering why they're writing on a Java newsgroup
    advertising for a job where you don't have to write any Java code or
    have any experience in Java?

    "He said: 'I'm not Elvis'. Who else but Elvis could have said that?"
    - ALF
    Joona I Palaste, Apr 27, 2005