vb programmer-Creating c# solution & project-I don't get squigllies or code formatting

TS

I am creating a custom control and so I have a c# solution, and added a c#
web control library project. I don't get any squigglies until after I build,
then when I fix, they don't go away until after I build. The editor also
doesn't reformat the code to keep things lined up, even though that option
is set.

Whats wrong?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi TS,

Since you're suffering the problem on VS2003 IDE, have you tried test your
solution on a different machine which has vs2003 installed to see whether
this problem remains? Or can you tried make a simple solution with a test
project(just simple enough to repro this issue) so that I can try repro it
on my side and do some further research on it. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

TS

Ok, I have created a brand new C# solution with a C# web project in it. The
same situation happens. I get intellisense and a red squigly line when I
leave off the last semi colon. I don't get any other squigly lines until
after I build the project and then they appear under any syntax problems.

Like I said, I am a vb programmer, and inVB, the IDE reformats my code
making everyhting line up. I see an option for C# only saying:
"automatically format completed contructs and pasted source". This is
selected. All of the settings for C# are the default and I haven't changed
them. I'm wondering does C# make my code line up like VB does?

Also: Can I have a VB solution with a C# project in it and still get all
the syntax squiglies and everything else (I have never had luck doing this,
it would always behave like it behaves now in this test solution.

I'll go to someone else's machine also and see if they are having the same
problem.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi TS,

Thanks for your followup. Based on my further research, IntelliSense
functions of the VISUAL C# and Visual Basic.NET do have some certain
difference between eachother. In fact , they're developed by different
teams. And here are some tech reference on VC# and VB.NET-SPECIFIC
IntelliSense:

#Visual Basic-Specific IntelliSense
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vsintro7/html/vcgrfVisualBasicSpecif
icIntelliSense.asp?frame=true