    running ona linux OS and vb is in windows...hence different platform
    how do i connect them.can someone plz. give suggestions.

    thanks

    discover, Aug 12, 2005

  2. discover

    java guru Guest

    You could use ODBC.

    - Get ODBC Drivers from Oracle
    (http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odbc/index.html)
    - Install them
    - Goto Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Data Sources (ODBC)
    - Configure datasource with the same information you would have in your
    tnsnames.ora file in order to connect to the Oracle database with sqlplus
    - I'm not a VB programmer but given the name of the data source you created
    you should be able to execute SQL commands for the database.

    Good luck

    java guru, Aug 12, 2005