VB2005 - Untrusted Location

Joseph Gruber

Ok, so I'm about to go nuts. Here's the background -- My Documents is
redirected to a network location and My Documents is an offline
folder. So my projects location is located in my (network) My
Documents location.

Everytime I open a project I get the message: The project location is
not trusted...

I've attempted to allow the My Documents location (\\server.domain.com
\username\*) as a Fully Trusted location in .NET 2.0 Configuration
under the LocalIntranet zone but this doesn't seem to help.

So can anyone help? What can I do to get rid of this message? I have
another security problem with an untrusted assembly but I'll wait till
I get this fixed first....

Tom Dacon

Under Framework 1.1, you'd do this:

1.. Open Control Panel -> Administration Tools -> Microsoft .NET Framework
1.1 Configuration
2.. Navigate to Runtime Security Policy -> Machine -> Code Groups ->
All_Code -> LocalIntranet_Zone
3.. Add a new child code group named MyDocsFolderFullTrust or something
like that and click Next;
4.. Choose URL for the condition type;
5.. Under the URL enter the network location as file://your directory path
here/* and click Next;
6.. Assign the FullTrust permission set, if not already set, and click
Next;
7.. Click Finish to close the wizard.
I don't know what the equivalent is for VS2005, but try following a similar
process and see if it helps.

HTH,
Tom Dacon
Dacon Software Consulting

Joseph Gruber

[...]

I've actually done that already for both Framework 1.1 and Framework
2.0 but I still get the error...hence why I'm banging my head. ;)

Tom Dacon

Just checked on VS2005 and the procedures is the same, except that you go to
Microsoft .NET Framework
2.0 Configuration.

Tom Dacon
Dacon Software Consulting

Tom Dacon

Joseph Gruber said:
I've actually done that already for both Framework 1.1 and Framework
2.0 but I still get the error...hence why I'm banging my head. ;)

And of course you've added the web site(s) to the local intranet zone
through IE's Internet Options/Security/Local Intranet zone dialog as well, I
have no doubt?

Sorry, but I'm out of ideas beyond that. Good luck, and if you find the
solution please post it here.

Tom