    So is vb2py dead? If not, any idea when it'll support python 3?

    Kind regards,
    Bruce.

    axtens, Jan 16, 2009

  2. axtens

    alex23 Guest

    On Jan 16, 3:17 pm, axtens <> wrote:
    > So is vb2py dead? If not, any idea when it'll support python 3?

    You're always better off asking at the project site than here, but
    given it hasn't been updated since Feb 2004 I think it's safe to say
    the project is dead.

    But it *is* open source, so feel free to pick it up and run with it if
    it fills a need for you ;)

    alex23, Jan 16, 2009

  3. axtens wrote:

    > So is vb2py dead? If not, any idea when it'll support python 3?

    I don't know this vb2py, but you can do a 2 pass conversion

    [vb] -> (vb2py) -> [py2] -> (2to3) -> [py3]

    --
    By ZeD

    Vito De Tullio, Jan 17, 2009
  4. On 17 Gen, 11:05, Vito De Tullio <> wrote:
    > axtens wrote:
    > > So is vb2py dead? If not, any idea when it'll support python 3?

    > I don't know this vb2py, but you can do a 2 pass conversion
    >
    > [vb] -> (vb2py) -> [py2] -> (2to3) -> [py3]
    >
    > --
    > By ZeD

    ....and presumibly get something which doesn't work at all. =)

    --- Giampaolo
    http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib

    Giampaolo Rodola', Jan 17, 2009
  5. Giampaolo Rodola' wrote:

    >> > So is vb2py dead? If not, any idea when it'll support python 3?

    >> I don't know this vb2py, but you can do a 2 pass conversion
    >> [vb] -> (vb2py) -> [py2] -> (2to3) -> [py3]

    > ...and presumibly get something which doesn't work at all. =)

    why?
    AFAIK there aren't problems into the 2to3 phase
    I don't think the resulted python code would be the best one, but at least
    it should work...

    --
    By ZeD

    Vito De Tullio, Jan 17, 2009
  6. axtens

    Fuzzyman Guest

    On Jan 17, 3:52 pm, Vito De Tullio <> wrote:
    > >> I don't know this vb2py, but you can do a 2 pass conversion
    > >> [vb] -> (vb2py) -> [py2] -> (2to3) -> [py3]

    > > ...and presumibly get something which doesn't work at all. =)

    > why?
    > AFAIK there aren't problems into the 2to3 phase
    > I don't think the resulted python code would be the best one, but at least
    > it should work...
    >
    > --
    > By ZeD

    2to3 is far from perfect, and assuming the same is true of vb2py
    (inevitably) then you get imperfection squared. :)

    Michael Foord
    --
    http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/

    Fuzzyman, Jan 17, 2009